Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Prayers of Jesus - Session 1 - Watch and Pray

Insights:
  • It takes a life of prayer, a lifestyle of prayer, a lifetime of prayer to confront this kind of evil. (David Garland)
  • A nameless woman anoints Jesus. A bystander carries his cross. A pagan centurion who was there to supervise his execution confesses that he is the son of God. A council member who condemned him to death obtains the body and buries it in his tomb. Women followers watch and go to anoint the body. Male disciples betray, take their rest, flee, and deny - because the flesh is weak, and they do not pray. (David Garland)
  • My prayer life became a strategy session during which I informed God about what I intended to accomplish and then asked for blessing with added recommendations about how God could best meet my needs. (Darrell Back)
  • I especially need your prayers because I am (like pilgrim in Bunyan) traveling across "a plain called Ease." Everything without and many things within are marvelously well. (C. S. Lewis)
  • I am so busy now that if I did not spend two or three hours each day in prayer, I would not get through the day. (Martin Luther)
  • We are going to face those times of testing when we least expect it. The only way for us to be prepared is to be prepared as Jesus was: in a lifetime, lifestyle of prayer with God. (David Garland)
Journal Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment